Welcome!


My name is Liz Wang and I am an artist who lives and works in New York City. I create vibrant collages inspired by the dynamic, creative city I call home. I hope my art will encourage you to see the color and energy around you! Thanks for visiting!


p.s. To purchase my art, please visit www.zazzle.com/lizwang* or click on the banner below.

About

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Autumn in Morningside Heights


The other evening, I walked down Morningside Drive and stopped to appreciate the view of Morningside Park with Central Harlem in the background. There is a great lookout near 116th St. which is elevated over the park and affords a sweeping view of Harlem and Morningside Park. Some of the leaves were starting to turn on the trees. This is my interpretation of the scene.

2 comments:

  1. This perfectly captures the mood of Manhattan in the autumn! I love that you use the skyline colors to both serve as a contrast to the leaves, while also complimenting them.

    The blues in the building allow it to blend into the background of the piece, while at the same time, the reds blend it into the vibrant colors of the leaves, signifying that fall has arrived in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback, Greg! Yes, that is the effect I was trying to achieve. By using mainly cool colors for the skyline, I tried to enhance the warm tones of the leaves.

    ReplyDelete