Welcome!


My name is Liz Wang and I am an artist who lives and works in New York City. I create vibrant collages inspired by the dynamic, creative city I call home. I hope my art will encourage you to see the color and energy around you! Thanks for visiting!


p.s. To purchase my art, please visit www.zazzle.com/lizwang* or click on the banner below.

About

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Green NYC at Night in Autumn

I was inspired to create this piece after spending some time in Central Park on Sunday and envisioning colorful autumn leaves with their organic shapes against the linear skyscrapers of New York City. I used gouache paint to create the inky night sky, black construction paper to create the cityscape and gouache-painted paper to create the moon and trees. I really enjoyed cutting out the oak leaves, trying to make each shape unique, and figuring out the best way to position them in the composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment