Welcome!


My name is Liz Wang and I am an artist who lives and works in New York City. I create vibrant collages inspired by the dynamic, creative city I call home. I hope my art will encourage you to see the color and energy around you! Thanks for visiting!


p.s. To purchase my art, please visit www.zazzle.com/lizwang* or click on the banner below.

About

Thursday, April 7, 2011

L is for Lemon



Lemons grow on small evergreen trees. Most lemons contain 3 Tbsp. of juice.

Refreshing Lemon Water
  1. Pour cold water into a pitcher
  2. Add slices of lemon and a few tablespoons of lemon juice.
  3. Enjoy in a glass with a lemon slice on the side.
It's very refreshing to drink cold water with a healthy squeeze of lemon on hot, summer days. When I brainstormed lemon recipes, I originally intended to include a "healthy" recipe for lemonade, i.e. without loads of sugar. It's such a cooling summer drink and is so popular with children. It's really hard to find a good substitute for sugar, though. Many recipes use artificial sweeteners that are probably just as bad, if not worse than sugar. Do you have any thoughts on how to make lemonade healthier?

No comments:

Post a Comment