Welcome!


My name is Liz Wang and I am an artist who lives and works in New York City. I create vibrant collages inspired by the dynamic, creative city I call home. I hope my art will encourage you to see the color and energy around you! Thanks for visiting!


p.s. To purchase my art, please visit www.zazzle.com/lizwang* or click on the banner below.

About

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall in NYC

I had a lot of fun creating this piece! Yesterday morning, I spent time sketching new ideas and this piece leaped into my mind. The seasons changed dramatically from summer to fall this year and seemingly overnight the leaves have started to turn and the cooler air has blown into the city. In this piece, I envisioned colorful leaves falling over Midtown - what a lovely sight! The sky is a wash of gouache paint and the city scene and leaves are cut out from gouache-painted paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment