Welcome!


My name is Liz Wang and I am an artist who lives and works in New York City. I create vibrant collages inspired by the dynamic, creative city I call home. I hope my art will encourage you to see the color and energy around you! Thanks for visiting!


p.s. To purchase my art, please visit www.zazzle.com/lizwang* or click on the banner below.

About

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer Reading

Walking through Central Park the other day, I saw a woman sitting beneath a tree and reading. It was a perfect summer day with a cloudless blue sky. I envisioned this piece and sketched out the composition when I returned home. I used tissue paper for the tree trunk and gouache painted paper for the grass and leaves. I cut out the woman and book with color aid and sketch paper.

1 comment:

  1. I love the use of greens in this image. I can see the leaves gently blowing in the breeze and I can tell that the reader is very relaxed.

    ReplyDelete